It is always a good day for a slice of cake. Birthday, not required. This variation of the classic pound cake is so incredibly good, anyone who tries it will surely ask for seconds and possibly a slice to take home. This cake is perfect for a crowd. I can generally get a good 16+ slices out of one cake and it stays moist for days. It’s great with a glaze and great without. Sometimes I will even sprinkle a little powdered sugar for decoration, but really all you need is a fork. Enjoy!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounce
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C) grease and flour a 10 inch pound cake pan.
- In your mixer bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs two at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the flour all at once and mix in starting slow and increasing until mixed.
- Add vanilla and mix
- Pour into your greased and floured pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check for doneness at 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into center of cake will come out clean. ENJOY!
Adapted from Allrecipes