Butternut Suash Fries are an amazingly healthy alternative to your traditional french fries. They go perfect with salmon burgers with a homemade bun and best of all, children love them! You can dress these up with just salt and pepper or even try it with some cinnamon sugar for a sweet and healthy treat. I love them with a kick so I use a blend of traditional cajun spices. Either option you choose, you are sure to make these again and again for burger night and beyond!
Butternut Squash Fries
- 1 butternut squash peeled, de-seeded and sliced into "fries"
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil you could also use olive oil or another other good oil you have on hand
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic power
- 1/2 teaspoon chili power
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- You can also use Cayenne for a kick or even smoked paprika for a nice smokey flavor
Preheat oven to 375.
Place the fries into a bowl and drizzle on coconut oill. Toss until all the fries are coated.
Season with spices to coat
Place a wire rack onto a baking sheet and arrange the fries on top of the rack. (Sometimes I do bake these on parchment, but I find that baking them on a wire rack produces a crispier fry)
Bake for 20 minutes. Flip the fries and bake for another 20-25 minutes, depending on how thick you cut your fries. ENJOY!